METRA ELECTRIC COMMUNITY INITIATIVE AGENDA
The launch event will be announced soon!
Our goal is to introduce this multiyear program and share important details on investments and improvements along the Metra Electric Line. We will also detail the positive and powerful impact this Initiative will have on riders, the South Side of Chicago and south suburbs.
This event will be led by Metra leadership and will include keynote speakers from government and the community. The agenda includes:
- An introduction to the Metra Electric Community Initiative
- A review of the 13 Metra Electric stations that will be renovated and improved
- An overview of the positive economic impact of the Initiative and jobs created
- Enhanced train schedules to bring greater transportation options to the community
- A review of other Metra initiatives involving green programs, new railcars, and enhanced schedules
- Remarks by elected officials and community leaders
- Media Q&A